What is Physiotherapy (Medical gymnastics)
Physiotherapy or medical gymnastics is a therapeutic practice, based on complex active or passive exercising programs, well balanced and coordinated by a specialist. The goal of these exercises is to help the body regain its full optimum functionality, granting flexibility and strength to disabled patients, or to those suffering from trauma and other illnesses.
Physiotherapy is used to enhance mobility, flexibility and muscle strength, to reduce muscle tension, to regain and increase the physical endurance of a person, while simultaneously improving the general health condition.
Conditions and effects
• Conditions of the inter-vertebral disc (discopathy, disc herniation)
• Spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis)
• Post CVA neurological disorders
• Correction of the muscle functions
• Improves blood and lymphatic circulation
• Eases pain
• Reposition of the articulatory subluxations
• Ailments and illnesses of the spine
• Conditions and trauma of the tendons
• Bone fractures, articulatory traumas
• Heart or breathing problems
• Pre or post-operative issues
• Rheumatic conditions
• Degenerative articulatory illnesses (coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis)
The Physiotherapy Session
Each body is different. That’s why the physiotherapist will every time choose a precise set of exercises to suit the needs of his patient. During the Physiotherapy session, we can use different exercise equipment or other objects such as rubber balls or elastic bands, in order to enhance the mobility and to treat various muscle or articular categories.
For the Physiotherapy session, we kindly ask you to wear light clothing, which would leave room for movement.
This post is also available in: Romanian